Scenario: You connected your Midi Keyboard to your Desktop or Smartphone and want to record music directly from it, without needing to use a microphone.
Disclaimer: This feature is only supported in Google Chrome and in the Android App!
- Press the Plus-button on the right bottom corner
- Choose the Record-button.
- A dialog opens and asks you to choose your instrument.
Select “MIDI KEYBOARD” and press the “NEXT” button.
- At the next step, you can configure a metronome if needed.
- After a click, you get to the actual recording step.
If you don’t plug in your midi keyboard yet, you will see a message like that:
Plug in your keyboard, and you can now press the recording button to start recording your playing.
- When you are finished with recording, press the record button again and the recording will be stopped.
- Click on “NEXT” and follow the remaining steps. (There is no preview available for midi)
- At the last step, a click on “START” will upload the midi file to Melody Scanner and the transcription will start.
- After about a minute, the transcription should be finished, and you can access the beautiful sheet that was created!
How to connect your Midi Keyboard on a smartphone or tablet:
- Most Android devices support the so called USB-OTG (on the go) mode.
- This means you can use a “USB OTG adapter” similar to that one to connect your midi keyboard to your phone or tablet.
- For more details on USB-OTG support, have a look at your device manufacturer’s page or ask google.